Many of the documentation topics refer to specific elements of the IgorExchange web site. Below is a image with explanations of the various navigational aspects of the site.
Logged in user
- Search box
- Navigation tabs
- Navigation block
- User login block (not present when you are logged in)
- Breadcrumb trail
- Content control links
- Authoring information
- Content categories
- A: Search box
- To search IgorExchange enter search terms in this box and click search. On the search results page you will have the option to further refine your search.
- Navigation tabs are on every page and are a quick way to move between different sections of the site.
- Users who have not logged in will see only a few links in their navigation block. However, after logging in, you will see more links that take you to certain content that is personalized for you, such as a list of your issues, your projects, etc. Click on the My account link in the navigation block to edit your user profile.
- D: User login block
- If you have not yet logged in you will see the user login block. Enter your username and password to log in. You can also click the link to register or have a password reminder sent to you.
- "Sidebar" is a generic term that refers to menus and navigation blocks on the left side of the page. On certain pages you may see additional navigation blocks that are specific to the page you are currently viewing.
- Breadcrumbs provide links back to each previous page that you have navigated through in order to get to the current page.
- G: Content control links
- Content control links will appear on content which you have permissions to edit or modify.
When filling out forms with multiple content control links (e.g. your user profile pages or when editing information on a project) you must first click the "Save" or "Submit" button at the bottom of the page/form you have changed before clicking a different content control link.
For example, if you click the My account link in your navigation block and then click the Edit content control link to edit your user profile, if you want to change your password you must enter the new password, click the Submit button at the bottom of the form, and then click the Personal Information content control link to edit other profile fields.
- The author of the content you are viewing and the time that the content was created are displayed here.
- I: Content categories
- Content can be categorized into multiple categories to describe it and help users to find relevant content. Categories that have been associated with the content you are viewing are displayed in this location. You can click on these terms to view other content associated with the same term.