Below is a list of software tools and informational resources that may be useful to Igor Pro users and/or IgorExchange users. If you would like to suggest a resource for inclusion on this list, please Contact us.
Igor Pro Programming
- Introduction to Programming Igor Pro
- This site (by Payam Minoofar) contains a manual and an example experiment that were written in order to facilitate the transition from being a competent Igor Pro user to being a competent Igor Pro programmer.
- Stanford CS Education Library
- This site has several well written articles/tutorials that introduce and explain several concepts used in the C programming language. One of the most useful of these is Essential C, which explains several features of the C language that programmers familiar with other languages (such as Igor Pro) might not be familiar with. If you are a fairly skilled programmer (but aren't familiar with the C language) and you want/need to write an XOP, this site will help you get started.
- The C Book
- This is the free online version of an old but still useful reference book that covers the C programming language.
- RegexpBuddy is a small but very useful program (Windows only) for creating and testing regular expressions.
- Regular expressions tutorial
- This site has a nice tutorial that explains important regular expressions concepts in a straightforward way. It also has quite a few examples. This site is run by the same person that created RegexBuddy (above).