USB 6008 board and a NIDAQmx 9.7.5 driver problem

I have a new USB 6008 board, a NIDAQmx 9.7.5 driver, on Windows 8 (tried windows 7, same problem). Igor Pro 6.32A with NIDAQ Tools MX 1.05. I can sample fine using Scan Control, but FIFO scan, waveform generator, or pulse train generator doesn’t work and comes up with the errors below mentioning a NI-DAQmx driver error.

FIFO Scan:
NI-DAQmx driver error while calling function DAQmxTaskControl with DAQmx_Val_Task_Commit; device Dev1:-89133: Specified inversion cannot be satisfied, because the hardware does not support it. Extended info: Specified inversion cannot be satisfied, because

Waveform generator:
While starting Waveform Generator: NI-DAQmx driver error while calling function DAQmxCfgSampClkTiming;
device Dev1:-200077: Requested value is not a supported value for this property. The property value may be invalid because it conflicts with another property.
Extended info:
Requested value is not a supported value for this property. The property value may be invalid because it conflicts with another property.
Property: DAQmx_SampTimingType
Requested Value: DAQmx_Val_SampClk
You Can Select: DAQmx_Val_OnDemand
Task Name: Dev1AO
Status Code: -200077

Pulse train generator:
NI-DAQmx driver error while calling function DAQmxCreateCOPulseChanFreq;
device Dev1:-200430: I/O type of the physical channel does not match the I/O type required for the virtual channel you are creating.
Extended info:
I/O type of the physical channel does not match the I/O type required for the virtual channel you are creating.
Physical Channel Name: ctr0
Virtual Channel Name: Dev1/ctr0
I/O Type Required for Virtual Channel: DAQmx_Val_CO
Task Name: Dev1_CTR_0
Status Code: -200430
The first error is caused by a hard-coded option in the FIFO Scan panel that is not compatible with the USB 6008. If I recall correctly, to fix it find the DAQmx_Scan command in the NIDAQmxFIFOProcs.ipf file and change /CLK={ExtClockSource, 1} to /CLK={ExtClockSource, 0}.
Quote:
Waveform generator:

The USB 6008 device does not support clocked waveform generation.
Quote:
Pulse train generator:

The USB 6008 device does not support pulse train generation. The counters can count. That's it.

The USB 6008 device is seductively cheap but very limited. Unfortunately, you get what you pay for.

John Weeks
WaveMetrics, Inc.
support@wavemetrics.com
Thanks John
I got the USB 6008 to get some rudimentary code up and running before getting into a better board. Which USB board would you recommend ?
Jens
Looks like the cheapest USB device is the NI USB-6211, priced at $880. If you have a computer with PCI Express bus, you could use the NI PCIe-6321, at $619.

John Weeks
WaveMetrics, Inc.
support@wavemetrics.com