Looking for help setting up Igor XOP Toolkit 6.30 on Windows 8.1

I am trying to set up the ability to run C++ code from Igor Pro. I am following the Igor XOP Toolkit Manual version 6.30 pdf that comes with with the toolkit. Under the "Testing the Windows Installation" section for "If you are using Visual C++ 2012" on page 8 (see attached file), I have begun implementing the instructions up through step 3. At this point, instead of successfully building, visual studio encounters an error from calls to the _sprintf and _sscanf functions since it does not recognize them (the error message is attached). Can anyone give my insight on why my attempts to set up an XOP following the manual instructions are not working, and what I need to do to fix this problem. Thanks. Igor XOP Manual Instructions.png VisualStudioError.png
Thats strange.
I can compile XFunc1 without problems using VS 2012.
Have you just compiled it or did you want to start debugging the application?

The linker command line here looks like:
/OUT:"XFUNC1.xop" /MANIFEST /PDB:"Release\XFUNC1.pdb" /DYNAMICBASE:NO "version.lib" "kernel32.lib" "user32.lib" "gdi32.lib" "winspool.lib" "comdlg32.lib" "advapi32.lib" "shell32.lib" "ole32.lib" "oleaut32.lib" "uuid.lib" "odbc32.lib" "odbccp32.lib" /LARGEADDRESSAWARE /IMPLIB:"Release\XFUNC1.lib" /DLL /MACHINE:X86 /SAFESEH /INCREMENTAL:NO /PGD:".\XFUNC1.pgd" /SUBSYSTEM:WINDOWS /MANIFESTUAC:"level='asInvoker' uiAccess='false'" /ManifestFile:"Release\XFUNC1.xop.intermediate.manifest" /ERRORREPORT:PROMPT /NOLOGO /TLBID:1

Does that match yours?

PS: I'm using version 6.30 of the XOP Toolkit.
Thanks for the comparison. I tried using Visual Studio 2012 instead of 2015 and changed the build setting and was able to get everything to work. Now it builds successfully with a similar message to what you are getting.
I am able to successfully compile XFUNC1 with Visual Studio 2013 using the VC 2012 project.

Visual Studio 2013 appears to be available from https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/downloads/download-visual-studio-vs….

I think you want the "Express 2013 with Update 4 for Windows" variety.

I have not yet installed Visual Studio 2015. I will look into it when I get a chance. I suspect that the problem with Visual Studio 2015 is the Microsoft changed the C runtime library so that it no longer links with the XOPSupport library compiled by VC 2012.